Key Stage 4
The syllabus is designed to offer a valid and interesting course based on the three primary musical activities of:-
The course is based on FOUR areas of study.
1. Music in Wales.
2. Music for stage and Screen.
3. Music Evolution.
4. Musical Forms and Devices.
The scheme of assessment is in three parts.
1. Internal assessment of coursework: 30%.
2. External assessment of performing skills: 30%.
- Practical examination assessed by a visiting examiner appointed by the Board.
3. External assessment of appraising skills: 40%.
- One listening examination at the end of the course.